New french member

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
Iksarfighter

Re: New french member

Post by Iksarfighter »

Adding this game in Basic, bought it with my Dragon 64 in 1984 :

Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

robcfg wrote:What seems to be a Dragon Plus expansion clone, even more! It would be nice to be able to study it and see if we can replicate it.
Indeed, reading the site it seems that this card is very rare (even if its a copy) :o

I spent time trying using it for get a better graphic screen resolution for the Dragon, but I didnt success. But the 80 colums aspect was working well.
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

Dusting off my old poor Dragon 64...

Notice :

- Power supply reinforced.
- Sound system :lol:
- Heatsink on the MC6809B.
- Circuit on blue slot (near quartz ?) removed for better W/B image.
- Switch added for use either Dragon or Dragon Plus video.
- Circular holes were for vacuum cleaner cooling, very noisy :lol:
-

Oh I found out the original Dragon Plus Board but components have been extracted for copy the card !

So I remember I received the copy folder but did I burn all the papers and masks and only kept the board ?

Soon on this thread, the custom floppy system :lol:
Last edited by Iksarfighter on Fri May 08, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
tormod

Post by tormod »

Welcome to the forum, Manu! Cool to have some French people on the forum. I lived many years in your home town. Had I known there be dragons there :) I have heard about the SECAM Dragons but it seems the Thompson computers were much more popular. But who needed home computers when you had Minitel :p

That's an awesome matchbox soundcard :) Were you overclocking the CPU, for all this extra cooling gear?

Hmm, I also had the Flight Simulator. Was excited about the "hires graphics" and "sound" which turned out to be 2 lines indicating the landing stripe and a few beeps. In BASIC.
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

Hi Tormod ;)

There was MO5 and TO7 in schools in France and they were build in France for SECAM systems, I ve been close to buy a MO5 but the Dragon was more charming.

I had videos issues when the Dragon was warming so I tried cooling it.

I just OCed using the 2 pokes who were giving 1,5x and 2x OC. On some other machines the 6809 was able to run up to 4 or 8 Mhz.
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

I have also this small 12 pages french catalog, if you want I can scan it (in which format ?) and send it to someone (who ?) for add it to the site if you dont have it already ???

robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi!

I prefer to have the scans in png or tiff format as source material, and generate a lighter pdf/jpg version.

You can send me the scans and I'll take care of uploading them to the archive.

Could you please scan your empty Dragon Plus board?

The preferred resolution for scans is 300dpi.

In case of doubt, ask here or send me a pm.
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

PM sent but putting here also my scans for everyone.

Upside :

Downside :

Pictures :

If u need more pictures or infos feel free to ask.
tormod

Post by tormod »

For floppy controllers, Jose Leandro and lafumat have made some, maybe they still sell them: http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index. ... Dragon_DOS

Do you still have the 20 Dragons??! :)

Looking forward to seeing that "flaming" brochure. By the way, you don't need to post the pictures here if you send them to Robcfg, he will post them in the archive so everybody can get them there. He is doing a fantastic job.
Iksarfighter

Post by Iksarfighter »

TY, maybe I will have a look at this if my Dragon still works.

I sold or gave a lot of theses 20 Dragons 32 (I did Toulouse - Paris - Toulouse, filled an old Renault 6 with them and did the whole tour without sleeping lol, I was crazy when 25 years old lol), I still have 2 or 3 certainly disabled. I lost some money and time in this operation lol.

The brochure will be online soon I think.