Duplicate entries

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
Alastair

Duplicate entries

Post by Alastair »

Madness and the Minotaur appears twice in the wiki, once under Madness & The Minotaur and the second entry under Madness And The Minotaur. Could someone with the appropriate level of authority take the information from the first entry, insert it into the second, and then remove the first entry?

On the subject of removing entries, I see that there are still some all caps titles showing for entries that now have normal capitalisation pages (see display all - page 2, display all - page 3, and display all - page 4), I think it would make the display all pages a little easier to read if these all caps duplicates were removed.
rolfmichelsen

Re: Duplicate entries

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Anybody with wiki write access can do the article cleanup. I can also do my part, but I have limited time... If people can respond to this thread with links to empty pages, I should be able to delete them.

-- Rolf
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I thought I couldn't delete pages. What I usually do is merge the content and create a redirect from one of the pages to the other one so no link breaks.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Rob,
I believe that only those with admin status can delete entries, it would create chaos if we all had that ability!

Rolf,
there is an old thread where I commentated on my progress in producing normal capitalisation entries and those entries that I had not touched. But of perhaps greater use is the List of redirects page that shows all of the redirects. Any all caps redirect should be safe to remove, with the exception of 'MICROVISION →‎ Microvision Software' where the latter entry has yet to be created, though as Rob mentions this may create some broken links. The Wanted pages should be of help here, if after deleting an all caps entry the number of wanted pages exceeds the current 1,055 results then it is likely that the deletion has created a broken link which should be relatively easy to find since it will be an all caps title.

Returning to specific duplicate entries I also see entries for B&H Software and B & H Software, though I am not sure which version should be the preferred title.