Wiki: "hidden" pages...

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
tormod

Re: Wiki: "hidden" pages...

Post by tormod »

Great work, Tony!

1. Applications - I think this should be a category and most non-games should be there, like e.g. Typing Tutor. However it would break its categories like "game in archive". Maybe that should have been "program in archive", but it would be too much to fix up. Oh, scratch that, we actually do have an Application category. Unless we want to hand-type a page for it, the "Applications" page should be deleted and the link on the front page should just link to the "Application" category.
2. The original thought was maybe links or scans of magazine articles?
Or it can be used to off-load the documentation category? Or use it for a subset of documentation? Documentation now has practically everything that is not a program description, right?
For instance, the article page (or a category) could maybe contain technical documentation that is written in the wiki and which is not just linking or describing another, physical or off-site resource?
4. The way documentation is used now, the books list could sure be added there as well...
7. I think "in archive" means someone (Simon?) has a physical copy
12. Sounds like "Application" to me. Maybe also tag it "Hardware".

To delete wiki pages you may need higher privileges than for editing, since also the page history will be deleted on some wiki engines.
tormod

Post by tormod »

11. Try removing or adding a category to the page to see if that rebuilds the category database. If that doesn't help I'd suggest an administrator checks to see if it is in the category database tables for further debugging.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have bumped a few more of you to full Administrators of the Wiki - that should help in letting you clear up the last few issues.

P.S. - Game In Archive was something for myself that simply means I have a physical copy - same for Book In Archive etc.
Simon Hardy