A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
zephyr

Re: 1983

Post by zephyr »

CaptainNemo wrote: A month ago I've purchased a Tano Dragon from CA Digital; I just love the keyboard echo so I had to buy me another one... 8-)
According to information posted by Retro Canada at the CoCo mailing list, California Digital sold the last of their NIB Tano Dragon 64's sometime in January 2014. Did you order yours by email?

http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco ... 30781.html

http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco ... 30761.html

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=531&hilit=californi ... =20#p10640

CaptainNemo wrote:They still had plenty of them when I purchased mine around mid-March.
How do you know that they still had plenty left when you purchased yours around mid-March?
CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo »

Their website is offline, but they do reply at catalog@cadigital.com. I've emailed them, asking if they had any Tano Dragons left for sale. 'Still have plenty' was their answer (this was at the beginning of March). Got mine two weeks later.

As a side note, just before contacting CA Digital, I was emailing this guy in Canada about a Dragon 64 he was selling for $90 (complete with software and joysticks), but he insisted on selling locally and getting paid cash... whoever got it made a good deal -- maybe one of you guys? ;)
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

CaptainNemo wrote:As a side note, just before contacting CA Digital, I was emailing this guy in Canada about a Dragon 64 he was selling for $90 (complete with software and joysticks), but he insisted on selling locally and getting paid cash... whoever got it made a good deal -- maybe one of you guys? ;)
Yep. I've been watching a number of eBay auctions over the past years and there is a significant difference in the price you get when restricting to local sale vs. going global.

-- Rolf
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

CaptainNemo wrote:They still had plenty of them when I purchased mine around mid-March.
Shipping is a bit pricy because of the box size, but you'll get a NOS Dragon! :)
Is the price still $45 + $90 p&p?
CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo »

Yes, $45 for the Tano Dragon and about $90 for shipping it to Europe ($29 in the US).
tormod

Post by tormod »

Maybe like many others (?) I tried contacting them on the catalog@ address and they do respond, although very slowly. Probably turned into some one-man side business by now. Still 45USD and shipping to Switzerland is 88USD. They only accept payment via PayPal, no credit card. I ordered one and will tell you when I receive it. Had previously decided not to get one, but felt a bit of regret when they were told to be sold out, and now I got a second chance :)
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

You'll love it!

They still smell like new! Oh wait... They are new, indeed! :lol:
tormod

Post by tormod »

I received my Tano several weeks ago but forgot to update you here. The whole "transaction" was slow, but once sent, it arrived in a few days. The unwrapping must wait for Christmas or some special ceremony :) I haven't even found time to bring the package home and open it so I hope it is not just stones :) I have also promised myself to clean up my "workspace" to make room for it first...

Just some notes on the extra costs for the benefit of readers from Switzerland. The 88$ shipping includes some handling fee or hidden cost since the postage was 67$. Although I didn't have to pay tax on the machine, I had to pay the 8% Swiss VAT (on declared value and postage) of around 10$. The Swiss Post then adds around 20$ (16CHF + 3%) for collecting the VAT. In fact I even paid VAT on this "service".
CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo »

Great -- I'm happy to know that another Dragon found a warm home!

Tormod, you probably have nerves of steel! How can you not open the box... ahhhh... I had opened mine 15 minutes after receiving it, while picturing everything so I could show my friends! I left it boxed until the following weekend, then tested it with some Basic and an hour or more of Lunar Rover Patrol...