Moving to Dragon world

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
KenH

Re: Moving to Dragon world

Post by KenH »

tormod wrote:By the way, I ported HDBDOS to the Dragon and made it run from RAM on a Dragon 32 some weeks ago.
Wow :D , Great news!
I'd love to test it out both with my SuperIDE and the custom Dragon Drivewire cable.
tormod

Post by tormod »

OK, I cleaned it up and pushed it to the Toolshed repo. I still haven't tested it outside xroar though. retrocanada tried a IDE build on his Tano Dragon with SuperIDE but there were some issues on real hardware.
tormod

Post by tormod »

Thanks to retrocanada for testing and spotting some bugs. I pushed a couple of fixes to the repo now. SuperIDE seems to work.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Could you post a link to your source code?
I wasn't able to find it in the toolshed repo.
thanks
Ken
retrocanada76

Post by retrocanada76 »

It's working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ACnIQ- ... e=youtu.be

Dunno if tormod pushed the final fixes. I did it my at side.

By the way, which driver I need to change on nitros to have the keyboard working on it ? I tried the vtio.dr but with no avail.

No more schizophrenic Dragons !
retrocanada76

Post by retrocanada76 »

I also changed mess to support superIDE for the debugging purposes. I found that tanodr64 was deadly broken on it. This explains why it doesn't work. Fixed it too. tanodr64 works now, but is a dragon64 copy cat.

I ported the SideKick to dragon too as you can see in the video. Later on I will publish it.

BTW: on the real tano everything runs faster, see the calixto clock ticking. What could explain that ? I felt the overall system too.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Great work tormod and retrocanada76!

We've practically been waiting for it since 2004 - see Boisy's post here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ha ... .coco/6074
retrocanada76 wrote:By the way, which driver I need to change on nitros to have the keyboard working on it ? I tried the vtio.dr but with no avail.
The vtio.dr module needs to be replaced with the Dragon's vtio.dr to get correct keyboard input.
I compiled a working NitrOS9 CF image for the Dragon a while back (based on retrocanada's coco image). You can get it from mediafire through the link in this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=779&start=10
retrocanada76

Post by retrocanada76 »

Here is the rom I've been using. You need to flash the superIDE using a coco (or a dragon-coco). The flash utility should be on the disk 250. I included the disk as well.
Attachments
hdblbadgn.zip
HDBLBA Dragon ROM
(36.42 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
tormod

Post by tormod »

KenH wrote:Could you post a link to your source code?
I wasn't able to find it in the toolshed repo.
thanks
Ken
That's an old, broken link you've got there (thanks Sourceforge for not providing redirection of old locations...). You can search "toolshed" on sourceforge.net then click Code and you'll find: http://sourceforge.net/p/toolshed/code/ ... ee/hdbdos/
tormod

Post by tormod »

KenH wrote:Great work tormod and retrocanada76!

We've practically been waiting for it since 2004 - see Boisy's post here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ha ... .coco/6074
Sorry I am 9 years late to the party :D

I am posting a proper announcement in the General section, instead of continuing hijacking this thread. Please follow up there.