Another Dragon user chiming in

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
tormod

Another Dragon user chiming in

Post by tormod »

Dear all,

About time I registered on the forum after lurking here for several months. Over Christmas I had the idea of checking out the old Dragon 32 stuff in my parents' attic and seeing if I could recover my first computer programs from the old tapes. Although being thermocycled +/-30 degrees C over soon 30 years the tapes were still fine!

While looking for ways to backup and access the tape contents on more modern storage facilities I came across Ciaran's xroar emulator - portable, GPL licensed, actively maintained in git - what more can you ask for? gdb support? Hey wait - he's adding that as well :) This helped me with securing the tape contents but also got me hooked... I guess I have caught the retro bug, but I could also say the love for compact code and 6809 programming has been there all the time! Actually did some MC68HC908 programming a couple of years back who brough back 6809 memories.

I have an itch to continue on some ideas from back then, and hopefully more hardware hacks, taking advantage of the now somewhat easier access to information and material than I had in the good old days.

OK, I did not sign up here to talk about myself :) I'll post more interesting stuff in new threads.

Regards,
Tormod
rolfmichelsen

Re: Another Dragon user chiming in

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Welcome aboard.

-- Rolf
tormod

Post by tormod »

Thanks, Rolf. I actually found some letters from you among the Dragon stuff in the attic :) We were trading tapes per snail mail back in the days of "Dragonstikka" and "Dragonklubben".
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

I thought that seemed like a Norwegian name :)

-- Rolf