Creating missing article in the wiki

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
robcfg

Creating missing article in the wiki

Post by robcfg »

Hi everybody,

I got recently a HxC SD floppy emulator and I'm trying to use it with my Dragon 64. Thing is, a friend of mine asked for pictures of the disk controller, so I did 300dpi scans of it (both cartidge and PCB).

Do you think that it's worthy to upload them to the missing Dragon Data Disk Drive article or would it be better to wait till I can take also pictures of the drive and do a more complete article at once?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating missing article in the wiki

Post by admin »

Upload them here - I was going to create a seperate page for that device - I also now have one and its made my life much easier !!
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Here they are:

Disk Controller Top View
Disk Controller Bottom View
Disk Controller PCB Top View
Disk Controller PCB Bottom View

On saturday I'll be going on holiday, so I will no tbe able to send more pictures until mid-august.

I have the controller's box and I can try to scan or otherwise take pictures of the disk drive. I also would like to scan the Dragon 64 PCB as I do with Amstrad CPC parts for the CPCWiki (http://www.cpcwiki.eu).

That's all the Dragon hardware I have, shall I have access to more items, I'll scan them and send it to you for the wiki.

Hope you like the pictures! :mrgreen:
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi, everybody!

As I promised, I did 300dpi scans of my Dragon 64's PCB. It's an english one, Issue 3 board.

You can watch them here.

More good news! I borrowed a Dragon 200 from a friend and will be scanning it as soon as I can remove the red labels without destroying them ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent....

I have a 200 and there doesn't seem to be any difference between it and the 64 board - apart from the power LED being connected to the main board.
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I have a 200 and there doesn't seem to be any difference between it and the 64 board - apart from the power LED being connected to the main board.
You're absolutely right. I uploaded the Dragon 200 scans and it has even the same Part and Issue number as my english Dragon 64.

Anyway, nice 300 dpi scans for your viewing pleasure :D
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I uploaded the scans of the Dragon 32 MkII Issue 6 board and the Dragon 64 board with no issue number.