Subcategories for Games

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
snarkhunter

Re: Subcategories for Games

Post by snarkhunter »

I have updated the wiki page for "Shock Trooper" and added my screenshots. Yet I am not satisfied with the result, since the bottom line was obviously removed after uploading the files.

So I guess I shall try again, generating an extra blank line from "IrfanView"...
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

snarkhunter wrote:I have updated the wiki page for "Shock Trooper" and added my screenshots. Yet I am not satisfied with the result, since the bottom line was obviously removed after uploading the files.

So I guess I shall try again, generating an extra blank line from "IrfanView"...
From the first image I can see that you have included a small part of the background on the top and to the two sides but not the bottom, this tallies with you using 258x193 rather than the bottom line being removed when you uploaded it. If you want to keep the 1 pixel border you should change the crop size to 258x194. If you do not want any border you should use crop settings of 256x192, offset 36, 54.

By the way, you can change the background in IrfanView to any colour. Cropping may be easier if you choose a colour that contrasts with all the colours in the Dragon's palette. To change the background colour:

Press P (or click on Options > Properties/Settings)
Choose "Viewing"
and under "Window options:" choose a new colour for "Main window colour"
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

Alastair wrote:
snarkhunter wrote:I have updated the wiki page for "Shock Trooper" and added my screenshots. Yet I am not satisfied with the result, since the bottom line was obviously removed after uploading the files.

From the first image I can see that you have included a small part of the background on the top and to the two sides but not the bottom, this tallies with you using 258x193 rather than the bottom line being removed when you uploaded it. If you want to keep the 1 pixel border you should change the crop size to 258x194. If you do not want any border you should use crop settings of 256x192, offset 36, 54.

By the way, you can change the background in IrfanView to any colour. Cropping may be easier if you choose a colour that contrasts with all the colours in the Dragon's palette. To change the background colour:

Press P (or click on Options > Properties/Settings)
Choose "Viewing"
and under "Window options:" choose a new colour for "Main window colour"
It's not so difficult to start with "wide/long" settings, then narrow the values until the proper screenshot size be reached. That's what I did in order to get the values I've been using (or messing with) lately.

Either there's something wrong with the software, or there's still an unexplained feature, for I never managed to get a proper (= uncut) 256x192 screenshot.