Oooh look...

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
trunky

Oooh look...

Post by trunky »

A new member who is not a spammer :D

Just thought I'd say hi and give you a brief history.

My Dad got given a Dragon 32 as part payment for a job in 1982 which was handed to me and my younger brother as we "knew about games"...which I still have, in the loft. Plus games, books, joysticks, leads etc etc. The bonus was having a mate who's Dad travelled a lot in America so we got loads of lovely CoCo games to play with as well.

I'm very glad to see a community here and also that you are trying to preserve the history and games for a machine that we both loved, and still do.

I will, of course, dig out the old girl when I put the crimbo decs back, and fire her up and list what I can find, if of course you lot are interested!

One question...

Will I still need a rubbish tv to play them on or will modern tv's pick up the signal?

I will continue to browse the wiki, chip in when I can (very limited knowledge) and maybe try and fathom out the emulator!

Cheers,

Noel
zephyr

Re: Oooh look...

Post by zephyr »

Welcome to the Dragon forums! :)
trunky wrote: One question...

Will I still need a rubbish tv to play them on or will modern tv's pick up the signal?

I will continue to browse the wiki, chip in when I can (very limited knowledge) and maybe try and fathom out the emulator!
It depends on the TV set. You could buy (or make it yourself) a 5 pin DIN to SCART video lead (available from eBay) to connect your Dragon to a more modern TV set.
Last edited by zephyr on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trunky

Post by trunky »

zephyr wrote:Welcome to the Dragon forums! :)
trunky wrote: One question...

It depends on the TV set. You could buy (or make it yourself) a 5 pin DIN to SCART video lead (available from eBay) to connect your Dragon to a more modern TV set.
Hadn't thought of that! Will the Dragon's signal be strong enough to be picked up by my television?
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Yes.
trunky

Post by trunky »

zephyr wrote:Yes.
My new years project then. Another thing to annoy the missus! Cheers for the help mate.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

trunky wrote: I will continue to browse the wiki, chip in when I can (very limited knowledge) and maybe try and fathom out the emulator!
You could have the XROAR emulator up and running in seconds if you are using Microsoft Windows.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=740#p3793

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=184

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=555
trunky

Post by trunky »

zephyr wrote:
trunky wrote: I will continue to browse the wiki, chip in when I can (very limited knowledge) and maybe try and fathom out the emulator!
You could have the XROAR emulator up and running in seconds if you are using Microsoft Windows.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=740#p3793

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=184

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=555

I am mate. Time, as I'm sat at the in-laws, is limited at the moment, but I will try and have a delve when I can. Cheers for the links though.