video of G&C Dragon booth from ITV in the 80's

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
turnkit

video of G&C Dragon booth from ITV in the 80's

Post by turnkit »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-kI0urN9tI around 10:30 shows G&C Dragon booth at "The Earl's Court Computer Show" in the U.K.

I was reading the history page and thought this video helps bring the "Tandy..." paragraph a bit more to life.

--

btw,
what the heck is with this message board? I can't create an account using my gmail account (refused -- blocked by admin). There is no contact email for the admin. The board is full adverts for a certain "medical enhancement" pill.... hmm..
admin
Site Admin

Re: video of G&C Dragon booth from ITV in the 80's

Post by admin »

Sorry about that - Too many spammers using GMAIL and given I have so little time to moderate/administrate things I have had to block it.
Simon Hardy
heatsink128

Post by heatsink128 »

Interesting show, thanks for the link, nice to see Sir Clive too!
BTW: Why were Dragon planning to launch a MSX? Seems like a backwards step from the 32/64, would this have been a really cheap entry level machine cheaper than the 32?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Dragon MSX, or at least certainly the prototypes that Eurohard gave to its employees was a rebadged Radofin MSX - not sure if Radofin actually marketed their own or just made this one for Dragon Data/Eurohard.

They also had the Dragon Alpha and Beta projects ongoing at the same time, but aimed towards the business rather than consumer market.
Simon Hardy
heatsink128

Post by heatsink128 »

That's interesting, perhaps that is what the Aquarius III was going to be before Mattel pulled the plug??