The Main Page is Empty

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
Alastair

The Main Page is Empty

Post by Alastair »

What has happened to the Main Page? I have tried it with two different browsers and in both cases the contents of the page are missing, this despite "view source" showing that the content still exists.
robcfg

Re: The Main Page is Empty

Post by robcfg »

I've noticed the same problem.

Tried on Safari and Chrome.
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Same here. No main page: Two computers, different operating systems & browsers.
Stew
tormod

Post by tormod »

Yes, b0rken. I can only see the menus on the left and the title and tabs on top. View Source shows exactly this as well. Alastair, are you sure you are seeing the old contents in View Source, and not just the menus?

The wiki page history shows no recent edits.
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

Also empty when I try to view in firefox.....

Reckon it is a Speccy fan responsible :)
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

tormod wrote:Alastair, are you sure you are seeing the old contents in View Source, and not just the menus?
Yes, clicking on "view source" near the top of the page gives:

Code: Select all

__NOTOC__
__NOCACHE__
<div align="center"><font size="7"><font color="#cc0000">The </font><font face="Arial Black"><font color="#ff0000" size="7">D</font><font color="#ff9933" size="7">R</font><font color="#ffff00" size="7">A</font><font color="#00ff00" size="7">G</font><font color="#009900" size="7">O</font><font color="#6699ff" size="7">N</font></font><font color="#008080" face="Arial Black" size="7"></font><font color="#6699ff" size="7"> Archive</font></font>
<br>
<br>
'''There are now [[Special:Allpages|{{NUMBEROFARTICLES}} articles]] online.'''</div>
<br>

Welcome to The Dragon Archive, a complete archive of everything related to the Dragon series of machines ([[Dragon 32]], [[Dragon 64]], [[Dragon 200]], [[Dragon 64|Tano Dragon]]). 

The Dragon Archive is a wiki that contains information about these machines, emulation of the [[Dragon 32]] and [[Dragon 64]], Dragon related Publications ([[Books]], [[Magazines]], Newsletters), Adverts and the [http://archive.worldofdragon.org/archive/index.php Dragon Software Archive] containing [[Games|games]], applications and system software.

You will need to register to be able to contribute to the site and its [http://archive.worldofdragon.org/phpBB3 forums], so please don't be shy. I encourage all members to take and active role in providing new content.

With over 700 files in the software archive and still more to be uploaded as I get them sorted this is the largest collection of original [[Dragon 32]] and [[Dragon 64]] software on the internet. If you are looking to emulate a Dragon then the archive recommends either the excellent [[XROAR]] from [http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml www.6809.org.uk] or [[MESS]] from [http://www.mess.org www.mess.org]
<div align="center">
'''This site is a Wiki and its success depends upon your contribution.....so get involved today!'''
and so on, and so forth down to, and including, the "Did you know?" section .
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Looking around a bit I cannot find any recent changes to pages or templates or anything. Looks like the wiki content is all there but HTML generation somehow has started failing for all pages. Will continue looking for the root cause tomorrow.

--- Rolf
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

At the risk of stating the obvious... another difference is the side panel having come back; whereas until this happened the main page was there but the side panel had been missing for quite some time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi all,

The hosts have bumped PHP from 5.2 to 5.5 and it's broken something. I'll take the site offline and update media wiki which should fix the problem. Until then I have forced this virtual host back to 5.2 which they will charge me for as its not supported.
Simon Hardy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Main site now all updated - still need to sort out a few 3rd party extensions..
Simon Hardy